Post by Society on May 26, 2015 17:32:10 GMT
Society © All rights reserved, 2015-2016.
By joining the Bleach Society Role-Playing forum you agree to obey these rules and understand that penalties will be given if you disobey them, and is applicable to all members. Not knowing the rules will not in any way excuse you from any penalties if you break them.
★ [GENERAL RULES]
- Abide by the [Proboards Terms of Sevice]. This means we're rated PG-13, so no graphic writing or images. We will delete any offensive material if necessary, but if we get reported to Proboards we reserve the right to ban the perpetrator as well.
- We are a character-per-account site, so for every new character you wish to make, you must make an alternate account.
- There is no limit to how many characters you can have, but you must have 20 posts with each account to create a new character after your second.
In the event that you have already created your first two characters and want to archive one and create a new one, you will be allowed to do so; however this will be a one time opportunity. In the future if you decide to archive one of your two characters again, you will not be allowed that free character slot and must have the 20 post minimum with the character you currently have.
- Respect fellow members and staff members on the site. We do not ask you to be best friends with everyone, but you can make the choice to tolerate other members. If there's an issue, consult a staff member.
- Please refrain from bothering staff about things to be graded unless it has been at least one week.
- We're an English-speaking site so please use proper English to the best of your ability whilst here, with correct spelling and grammar. Keep chat speak and excessive vulgar language to a minimum.
- No bigotry. We do realize jokes will be made about it, but we ask you to be respectful when someone feels hurt over a joke.
- No sexual harassment, including stalking.
- No flaming or spamming.
- No advertising on any board other than the [Advertisement Board].
★ [GRAPHICS AND PROFILES]
- Your display name must be the first and last name of your character for that account (it can be written last, first as well if wished).
- Avatars look best at 150x150 pixels, but this isn't mandatory. Gifs are allowed. If added, they should be a picture of your character.
- If you edit the Personal section in your user profile, near the bottom you will be able to edit the fields for your mini-profile (where your plot points and post count etc is). * will denote required fields, and we ask you at least put in that much.a)* Your second longer avatar is 180x370 pixels, and it must be a direct image link and it must be a picture of your character. Gifs are allowed.4) All signatures must not exceed 500x300 pixels in width and height respectively. Gifs are allowed, and must be that of your character if chosen to be added.
b)* The Profile section is where you put a link to your character profile. As proboards doesn't change links when a thread is moved, please put this in during the grading process.
c) The Plotter section is where you put a link to your character list, thread tracker, or any thread where you're recruiting for a plot.
d) In the Orientation section, you can put your IC sexual orientation.
e) In the Job section, you can put any IC occupation your character has, such as a human baker, a shinigami seated member, a Fraccion, or a hairdresser.
f) For the Music, you must link it directly as an .mp3 file from a file source such as dropbox kiwi6 (it's free!). For dropbox, replace the https://www. in the url with http://dl. and remove the "?dl=0 " at the end. This will give you a link like so. Linking from youtube will not work.
g)* Put your Out of Character Alias in the Author field.
★ [POSTING RULES]
- Before you start role-playing, please register a profile and make sure it gets approved before you do start making in-character threads.
- Plagiarism of another member's characters/techniques etc. is disallowed. It is understood that sometimes things will innocently overlap, in which case the first member to have the object receives priority. If you are worried your creation is too similar to that of another, feel free to ask them or a mod if anything can be arranged.
- You must create profiles/techniques and roleplay in third person only.
- Posting with multiple characters within a single thread is allowed, however you may not learn anything or directly gain mastery upgrades from interaction between two or more of your own characters.
- There is a minimum word count of 200 words for IC posts. We won't bombard you if your post is 190 words but it should not be a regular occurrence.
- We operate in liquid time, so you can be in as many threads as you can keep active, and is considered to be in a single point in time until the site plot moves forward.
- God-modding is banned. Details in the [Battle System]
- Meta-gaming is banned. Details in the [Battle System]
- Power-posting is banned. This describes the act of constantly posting in a thread without any respect for a posting order or disregarding any replies to your actions.
- If you do not wish to use our technique system for roleplaying, you may under certain conditions:1) If all parties in the thread agree to the chosen rp conditions, you don't have to use our system to rp.
2) If one or more parties don't agree then you must adhere to our current system, or simply don't thread with each other.
3) If you're using your own rules, then staff cannot help you. You also may not use our system again unless all parties again agree to using it from that point onwards.
4) This only effects ordinary in-character roleplay threads. For trials, it only effects them if they're not solo.
- Personal matters must not to be taken in consideration in a role-play. Although we understand you can't entirely obey to this rule, we are mild with it and plead you to at least try to keep the peace between you and your fellow members.★ [THREAD LABELS]
Thread labels are notes you can place using the gear icon when creating a thread. These are used to make it clear who can join a thread.[Open] - this is for threads that anyone can join, no holds barred.
[Open/Invite] - this is for threads that anyone who fits a specific category (stipulated within the thread) can join. This could be as specific as members of a certain organization, or as broad as characters of a particular race or set of races, or even limitations based on rank, or numbers of people. Be sure to check the first post!
[Invite] - these threads are threads where you may only post if you have received an invite from the thread creator or other participants. The thread creator may invite any number of people they wish to the thread, and each character may also bring additional participants, subject to the thread creator's permission.
[Private] - these threads are threads where only specified participants may join. If any additional characters wish to join the thread they must obtain consent from every current participant.
[Solo] - a thread containing only a single character, sometimes used for plots, sometimes used for training.
[Trial] - any thread where a trial is taking place.
[Plot] - threads associated with plots taking place in the plot board. Admittance to the thread is based on participation in the plot.
[Escape] - a thread where a captured character attempts to escape the clutches of their captor.★ [DIFFICULTY LEVEL]
Details on how exposed your character is to death is dependent on the chosen difficulty level on the character profile, whether Casual, Classic or Core.
- Casual - The character is death disabled by default, and otherwise shouldn't fight except in planned plot scenarios.
- Classic - The character is death disabled by default and you cannot be attacked without permission. If you accept the fight IC and OOC though you're still death disabled, but you can be maimed or injured and you also cannot kill the other party. However if you attack first, or take an action on someone already in combat, then you are instantly switched to death-enabled.
- Core - Anything goes. You're always death enabled.
You may change your difficulty level at any time provided you're not currently in a thread where combat is imminent or in progress.
In all site wide plots and large plots, the difficulty level is always Core.
If a Substitute-Shinigami, Vizard or Shinigami travels to Hueco Mundo, their difficulty level is Core for the duration of their stay.
If a Hollow, Arrancar, Illegal Substitute Shinigami or rogue Vizard travels to the Soul Society, their difficulty level is Core for the duration of their stay.
If a Fullbringer, Human, Bount, Quincy or Mod Soul travel to either Hueco Mundo or the Soul Society, their difficulty level is Core for the duration of their stay.
Any race except for Quincy entering Schatten Berich has their difficulty level at Core for the duration of their stay.★ [THREAD INVASION]
In general, thread tags must be obeyed at all times, and threads cannot be invaded for any reason. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule:
The first is that any time a character's difficulty would be changed to core (regardless if they are already core) due to the location of the thread, that thread may be invaded by any character whose difficulty would not be changed to core by being there. For example a human in Hueco Mundo could have their thread invaded by a hollow, but not a shinigami. No death attacks may be made in the first post of invading a thread in this way.
A character whose thread has been invaded in this way may contest the invasion by posting an objection thread in the objections board, however they must have a good reason that the invading character would not be able to be present.
The second is that regardless of thread tags a character can post an objection to the actions being performed in a thread, and ask to be allowed to invade to intervene. An example of this might be if a hollow were wreaking havoc in a private thread in a human world city, a shinigami could object, to be allowed to come and fight the hollow off. Similarly, a person 'trapped' in a closed thread who wants to call for backup and has a realistic IC way of doing so, is able to do so by making an objection and stating their case.
Staff will err on the side of caution in these cases, with the view that if someone has not been invited to a thread there is generally a good reason for that.
Joining a thread in this case sets a character's difficulty to Core for the duration of the thread, and characters playing on Classic or Casual difficulty will not be death enabled for attacking and fighting with them, unless the actions previously taken in the thread would be sufficient to set them to core.
With these objections several factors are taken into account, such as proximity, likelihood of attracting attention, how both characters would have arrived at the location in the first place, as well as the ranks and strengths of both individuals.
★ [CBOX RULES]
- The Cbox is a privilege not a necessity. It can be removed at any time, for any reason if either it or the IC cbox is abused.
- They are both paid cboxs which means that in any event a mod sees fit, you can get banned.
- The rules on the side of the cbox apply to everyone.
- If you get banned from the cbox, using proxies to bypass it is an automatic permanent site ban, regardless of whether the original ban was justified.
- In all cases where you're banned, if you feel it was undeserved, then contact a staff member pleading your case. Do not bypass just to say you didn't deserve it, this won't help your case.★ [IC CBOX RULES]
Found underneath the cbox rules and also [here], this cbox has the purpose of doing quick interaction with other characters.
The same rules of the cbox apply to the IC cbox. There are additional rules however:
- No fighting between characters. This is primarily for fun, social interactions.
- No chat speak. You may use smilies however.
- Do not spam or clutter the IC cbox with OOC talk.
- You may use the IC cbox with unaccepted characters.
- If you pick a certain setting, no one else can just show up there (unless granted permission by the current roleplayers). Multiple roleplaying instances can take place between different people at the box too.
- If so desired, anything that happens in the IC cbox can be canon for the character(s). This is up to the choice of the roleplayer.
There are certain things you should post with:-Text text- Indicates normal actions. Also can be used with *Text text*. Example: -He sat down at the table-
(Text text) Indicates thought Can also use italics. Examples: (I think I should sit down...)
((Text text)) Indicates OOC talk. Example: ((Hey man, stop messing with her D;))
BSRP is a community that is made up of many races, creeds and beliefs. Please be respectful and mindful of that when making or reading jokes made by others. For example for gamers, some fandoms have developed a very unique nomenclature or language within that sub culture. So if you see one member saying they will "rape another member’s face" it could just mean they are going to kick their tail in a video game or even sometimes a thread.
However if you doubt that any banter is purely friendly, please PM staff with a screen shot of the comment or conversation in question. DO NOT TRY TO HANDLE THINGS ON YOUR OWN LEAVE IT TO STAFF.
We're a pretty laid-back staff, but, that doesn’t mean a thing when you start disrespecting your fellow members and staff. While this is very broad, we can ignore petty insults and tell you to stop, the instant we see something escalate. We’ll ask to stop. If it does not, a temporary chatbox ban will be given out. Depending on severity, this can range from 1 hour to maximum one week. Respect is a very broad thing. A lack of respect includes racism, discrimination, etc. When someone, staff or regular member asks you to stop something, you’d better listen.
If the c-box ban did not help, we’re going to have to move to more severe measures, such as site bans. These can range from one day, a week to one month. If you’re crossing the line. We can administrate a permanent ban, you have roughly four chances. Don’t fuck up those four.
We are human. Joking is allowed, but when staff asks to stop. Stop. As we are humans, we also make mistakes. If there is something wrong with the grading of a certain profile or technique, send us a private message. We will set our mistakes straight as soon as we can.
If you hack or bypass cbox bans, that's an automatic site ban. If, for some reason, you have access to the c-box, do not comment or you will be permanently banned. Contact staff if you do have access and we will look over it.
The instant you start loopholing and trying to abuse the systems, you get a week temporary site ban, in which we will pull and delete the character in question and all it’s techs, without cashing out on the conversion thread. Again, if this remains, this can warrant a permanent.
Appealing is only possible in case of Godmodding and OP’ing and Loopholing and abusing the systems. As well as requesting a permanent c-box ban and a temporary site ban to be lifted is allowed. This requires you to PM all current staff and defend your case. This either happens via a pm on the forums to all staff members that are active(i.e. Every staff member that is staff and did not make some kind of thread stating absence.). To request the lifting of temporary site bans, contact any staff member via skype and they’ll accommodate you with the group and contact the other staff.
TEMPLATE CREDIT TO KAZ