Kido Corps Signups Jul 19, 2015 21:32:53 GMT
Post by Blodeuwen Hirashi on Jul 19, 2015 21:32:53 GMT
Blodeuwen Hirashi © All rights reserved, 2015-2016.
The Kido CorpsThe Kido Corps are a prestigious branch of Kido Specialists, caretakers of the Senkaimon and the barriers and seals protecting Soul Society and the Seireitei. We strive to learn more about our art and train rigorously in order to maintain our duties to the best of our abilities. We develop new kido, and have a library containing all known kido in existence.
We have several roles within the organization that require dedicated individuals to fulfil, in addition to the Soshi and Fuku Kidocho. They are listed below. It is possible to apply for promotion within the ranks of the kidoshu, though to finalize a movement through the ranks, IC discussion with either a direct superior or the Soshi/Fuku Kidocho is required.
It is the job of the following people to lead the Kidoshu and be the absolute authority on all things kido.
Kidō Corps Commander (鬼道衆 総帥, Kidōshū Sōshi)
This is the leader of the Kidoshu. They are also always given the title of Grand Kidō Chief (大鬼道長, Dai Kidōchō); signifying that they are the strongest Kido practitioner in Soul Society. Allowed to know forbidden kido.
Currently: Blodeuwen Hirashi
Vice Kidō Chief (副鬼道長, Fuku Kidōchō)
This is the next-in-command of the Kidoshu. They step in whenever the Taicho is unavailable and are usually also an incredibly formidable Kido practitioner. It is their job to oversee the three branch operators.
It is the job of the following people to be the experts in their designated fields and to push the limits of their branches with vigor and enthusiasm. They may also be called in to consult with the Gotei 13 in times of need.
Hado Branch Operator
This is the authority on Hado within the Kidoshu. They are expected to be kido masters, and have a wide and varied range of offensive kido, both canon and custom in their arsenal. They oversee representatives from squads 1-7 (excluding squad four), the Jigokucho Officer and the Spiritual Mobile Nework Engineer, as well as the shinigami on gofer duty.
Bakudo Branch Operator
This is the authority on Bakudo within the Kidoshu. They are expected to be kido masters, and have a wide and varied range of defensive and binding kido, both canon and custom in their arsenal. They oversee representatives from squads 8-13, the Senkaimon Operator, the Dangai Inspector, as well as the shinigami on Kido Upkeep duty.
Ryodo Branch Operator
This is the authority on Ryodo within the Kidoshu. They are expected to be kido masters, and also masters of healing. They liaise closely with the Hospital of the Fourth, working closely with healing specialists to push the boundaries of healing within Soul Society. They are expected to have a wide and varied range of healing kido, both canon and custom in their arsenal. They oversee the Squad 4 representative, and act as the general coordinator of the Gotei 13 Liaison Scheme.
Gotei 13 Liaison OfficersIt is the job of the following people to work with each squad in the gotei 13 in order to ensure smooth co-ordination between the two organizations. They are allowed to wear the uniform of their designated squad as an integration tactic.
Squad 1 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 5 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 10 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 2 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 6 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 11 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 3 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 7 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 12 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 4 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 8 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 13 Officer.Currently: ? ? ? Squad 9 Officer.Currently: ? ? ?
Transport and Communication Officers
The following people are responsible for the Jigokuchō (Hell Butterfly) system of communication and traversing between worlds, as well as maintaining (in conjunction with squad 12) the spiritual mobile networks which Shinigami cellphones operate off of. They are also responsible for overseeing the swift running of the senkaimon as well as assisting with Kaikyō Kotei (界境固定, Realm Boundary Fixation). TaCOs may wear any uniform they deem fit to perform well in their role.
This person breeds and maintains the Jigokuchō population, delegating the menial task of caring for them to lower echelon shinigami within the Gotei 13. Their job is to co-ordinate shinigami on butterfly duty.
Currently: Aoi Sora (possibly deceased)
The highest authority (apart from the Soshi and Fuku Kidocho) on operating the Senkaimon and allowing shinigami to pass through it. Not a single thing leaves or exits Soul Society via a senkaimon without them being aware of it.
Currently: ? ? ?
The responsibility of this position is to ensure that the Dangai is well maintained, and that when necessary, shinigami have provisions to perform Kaikyō Kotei (界境固定, Realm Boundary Fixation). They oversee the shinigami on Kaikyō Kotei duty.
Currently: ? ? ?
Mobile Network Engineer
This is the spiritual equivalent of a Fibre Optic engineer. They must specialize in communication, for their job is to ensure that the inter-dimensional links through which the 12th division's mobile network operates are all capable of transmitting signal.
Currently: ? ? ?
All of the Gotei 13 Liaison Officers require Above Average kido, while the Transport and Communication Officers require Advanced kido. Apply via PM to the Soshi or Fuku Kidocho in order to initialize the process of gaining any of these positions.
Kidoshu members without official roles usually spend their time rotating between various roles, though usually they exist in all of them simultaneously;
- GoferAs in "Go fer this" or "Go fer that". Many kidoshu members' sole responsibility is to enhance their kido abilities until they are powerful enough to assist with R&D, or attain some other role. All the same, if a superior asks them to run errands, even menial ones, they must do it without question.
- Butterfly HerderThe Jigokucho are many in number and while it only takes 1 shinigami to co-ordinate their caretaking it takes many shinigami to gather food for them, to herd them into where they are supposed to be, and to train them to carry messages. Many of the Kidoshu are put on "Butterfly Duty" for this relatively menial task.
- Kido UpkeepThere are a lot of passive kido in effect around the seireitei and it's not always particularly clear what all of them do as they've been there for a while. They're necessary to maintain defences and keep buildings standing but sometimes new enchantments are added, and they could interfere with old ones. Often shinigami will be given copies of incantations and turn various enchantments on or off so that higher-ups can do whatever they need to.
- Realm Boundary FixationThe Kidoshu provide many hundreds of shinigami to fix the dangai open when necessary.This list is by no means exhaustive. You are encouraged to be creative with your RPing when attempting to think of things your Kidoshu character should be doing!
Current Kido Corps NPCs;
Feel free to PM me any NPCs in the Kido Corps to add to the list.
- Kíla Senzoba:- Kíla is a top holer and a fair hand at healing kido. She is Thíla's sister.
- Thíla Senzoba:- Thíla is also an exceptional holder but her healing kido is exceptional. She is Kíla's twin.
- Naoko Shiori:- Naoko is a member of the Shiori noble house and an unranked member of the Kidocorps
- Kumo Nakamura:- Kumo is one of the talent scouts in the Kidoshu. He also helps direct Kido Upkeep.
- Junta Nishikawa:- Junta is a general gopher. He spends most of his time on door duty, but is fairly well known for being a great team player when doing realm boundary fixation, often holding his own when many of his peers have switched out.