RP Moderator Sign-Up Dec 28, 2016 6:51:43 GMT
Post by BM on Dec 28, 2016 6:51:43 GMT
BM © All rights reserved, 2015-2016.
As promised, the RP Moderator update is now live.
What Are RP Mods?
RP mods are a new type of site moderator focused solely on role-playing. It’s no secret that normal mods and admins often get loaded down with certain aspects of running the site. With grading taking up a large amount of the time mods spend on the site, we usually want to spend the rest of the time RPing our own characters. Because of this, and other issues involving mod burnout, many of the RPing duties we should be taking care of have fallen to the members as optional tasks, which in most cases means they don’t get done. Trials, NPCing, RPing canons for people plots, running the Gotei, these are all things that have been neglected in recent times, and the site has obviously suffered for it.
With that in mind, we decided to create RP mods whose job it will be to maintain the RP site of moderating without having to worry about things like grading and other site maintenance work done by the regular staff.
How do you become an RP mod?
Follow THIS LINK to the the RP mod sign-up. Here you’ll fill out a basic template that lets staff know you’re interested in taking the RP mod Trial.
In order to try out to be a DM mod you will undertake the following trial. For one week you will be given one RP sample test per day. RP sample tests entail the staff giving you a character and a situation and having you RP as that character in that situation. At the end of each week you will be expected to give the mods the seven samples given throughout the week. This test is meant to test the main qualities we expect for DM mods, mainly RP skill and RP load. Anyone can take this test whenever they want (even for fun), even if current DM mod positions are filled. Doing so will get you plot points, RP experience, and put you on the short list for future DM spots that open up.
Once you complete your trial and have been approved by staff, you will have access to all the powers afforded to the RP moderator group. For 1-2 months your activity will be monitored by staff to make sure you’re doing a decent job.
The Powers of an RP Mod
- Ability to move, edit, and delete threads and posts in the RP boards. This is mainly for your own posts for ease of use, but you can also help members who have double posted or otherwise made mistakes that need correcting.
- Use of most non-claimed canons for the plot needs of members or to generate plot for members, this includes running Gotei squads whose captains are not claimed.
- Ability to NPC non-canon characters of your own design or ones specifically for certain plots without need for approval (within reason).
- Plot points you generate on your mod account can be used for your personal characters.
- Can run and approve trials without needing permission from other mods.
- Other duties to come later.
[b][u]OOC Alias:[/b][/u] The name people know you by.
[b][u]Active Personal Characters:[/b][/u] Please list with links.
[b][u]Experience:[/b][/u] Optional. Put links to trials, NPCing, or Canon character RPing you've done.
[b][u]Why do you want to be and RP Mod:[/b][/u]
Current RP Mods:
Are We Accepting Applications:~YES~